To purchase books available from the Friends of the Centre County Library, please make your check or money order payable to the “Centre County Library” and send to the address below. Contact the Pennsylvania Room regarding questions or international postage rates by email or phone 814-355-1516 (ext. 214).
- The Centre County Library and Historical Museum
- 203 North Allegheny Street
- Bellefonte, PA 16823
Centre County, PA Marriage Books
There are three publications on Centre County Marriages for the years 1800 to 1885. These cover the time from the formation of the County in 1800 through October 1885 when marriage records began to be kept at the court house.
An exhaustive search was done to compile these lists of marriages performed in Centre County and marriages of Centre County residents in adjoining counties. Sources include minister’s records, newspaper accounts, and justice of the peace dockets. Sources are indicated in the books.
- Vol. 1 — Centre County Marriages 1800-1850. Over 2,000 marriages and 1,400 family names. $10.00 plus $2.50 domestic postage.
- Vol. 2 — Centre County Marriages 1851-1873. Over 2,600 marriages and 1,800 family names. $10.00 plus $2.50 domestic postage.
- Vol. 3 — Centre County Marriages 1874-1885. Over 3,000 marriages and 2,000 family names. $10.00 plus $2.50 domestic postage.
Please note the new price of $10 per volume
All 3 Volumes for $25
Centre County Newspaper Death Notices 1821-1869
$20.00 plus $3.20 shipping
1890 Census of Centre County, Pennsylvania
Due to fire and water damage, little remains of the original 1890 census of the United States. Prior to its loss by fire, it was used to compile a business and post office directory of Centre County. The information from that directory is contained in this book. In this reprint of the census, the heads of household within each township and borough were alphabetized. As an additional aid, there is a surname index to use in locating all references to a family name within the county. The population of Centre County at the time of the 1890 census was 43,190 persons, with 2,800 family names represented.
$27.00 plus $3.20 shipping
soft cover, spiral bound, 257 page book