Anyone with an interest in genealogy is welcome to join the Centre County Genealogical Society. Annual membership is from January 1 through December 31 for a fee of $18. Membership covers an individual, spouse, and unmarried children living at the same address. An annual membership is available for international members for $30, or $18 if you opt to have your newsletters emailed rather than mailed.
We offer two options for submitting
membership information and dues:
Benefits of Membership
• A new member packet containing a welcome booklet with information on society projects, location and addresses for places to do Centre County research, suggestions for viewing maps online, and a site to find places to stay while you are in Centre County and especially Bellefonte, plus a listing of society publications and officers with contact information.
• Members receive our quarterly newsletter, which includes free unlimited queries from members, research aids (such as Orphan’s Court Docket abstracts), news-related items, brief family histories, and much more. Members are invited to submit brief family history articles about Centre County families, or about some unique aspect of their research into a Centre County family. Meeting program summaries also appear in the newsletter for the benefit of those members unable to attend meetings.
• Members receive a 20% discount on all CCGS publications, and are sometimes offered pre-publication prices. We publish material of interest to genealogists and historians. Publications currently available include our Cemetery Series that includes every known cemetery in the county, baptismal records, marriage records, previously published newsletters, and more.
• Members may submit their Super Eights, up to eight surnames used to contact other society members researching the same surnames. See the Members Section for details.
• The Members Section of this website offers online member-specific information including access to the Members Only portion of this website.