If you are an INDIVIDUAL member for 2020, you do not need to pay dues for 2021!
If you are an INSTITUTIONAL subscriber for 2020, you DO need to renew your membership.
If you are NOT YET A MEMBER, please continue to learn about Benefits of Membership and to download the mail-in Membership form, or use our Paypal registration. Your membership will begin immediately and continue through 2021.
If you are in doubt about YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS, or wish to update your contact information or submit a new “Super Eights” surname list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Information & Benefits
Anyone with an interest in genealogy is welcome to join the Centre County Genealogical Society.
Annual dues provide membership from January 1 through December 31 for $20, with a PDF copy of each newsletter emailed to you, or $25 with a (black-and-white) printed newsletter delivered by post (domestic U.S. delivery only). Membership covers an individual, spouse, and unmarried children living at the same address.
We offer two options for submitting
membership information and dues:
Submit online and pay with PayPal using the
PayPal Membership Form
– or –
Print, fill out, and mail the Mail-in Membership Form (PDF) along with your payment.
Mail-in Mem Form: $20 with PDF newsletter
Mail-in Mem Form: $25 with printed newsletter
Benefits of Membership
• A new member packet containing a welcome booklet with information on society projects, location and addresses for places to do Centre County research, suggestions for viewing maps online, and a site to find places to stay while you are in Centre County and especially Bellefonte, plus a listing of society publications and officers with contact information.
• Members receive our quarterly newsletter, which includes free unlimited queries from members, research aids (such as Orphan’s Court Docket abstracts), news-related items, brief family histories, and much more. Members are invited to submit brief family history articles about Centre County families, or about some unique aspect of their research into a Centre County family. Meeting program summaries also appear in the newsletter for the benefit of those members unable to attend meetings.
• Members receive a 20% discount on all CCGS publications, and are sometimes offered pre-publication prices. We publish material of interest to genealogists and historians. Publications currently available include our Cemetery Series that includes every known cemetery in the county, baptismal records, marriage records, previously published newsletters, and more.
• Members may submit their Super Eights, up to eight surnames used to contact other society members researching the same surnames. See the Members Section for details.
• The Members Section of this website offers online member-specific information including access to the Members Only portion of this website.